Tuesday, September 17, 2019

Any tweaks I should make to my 12 month plan?

Computer information systems major graduating with my bachelors in 18 months.

Disclaimer: I am 30 years old making a career change into IT/Networking/Security.

Ideal career field would be security but I know I will need to work my way to that.

Here is my plan:

  1. In the process of applying for internships for Spring of 2020. This internship will account for 3 credits towards my major.

  2. Currently studying for my Network + certification with any free time that I have once I have finished my studying/homework. Plan to test in December.

  3. Once I complete my spring 2020 internship I would like to look for a summer 2020 internship that is a step up from my entry level spring 2020 internship.

  4. During that summer 2020 internship study and take my security +

Anything that you guys see here that doesn’t look right or something else you recommend me doing.

I am looking to put myself in the best position possible to secure a well paying job once I graduate.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated



No comments:

Post a Comment