Wednesday, September 25, 2019

Acronis to back up PCs on a network?

Just got tasked to look into software that will allow us to back up hard drives for PCs on our network. Ideally if the computer crashes we would be able to plug a new computer in and push the image quickly.

Also heads up: I’m not a network technician, I fix radios in an environment that is becoming increasingly IT, so my terminology may be completely off and products probably exist that I have no clue about.

My manager mentioned Acronis and, sure, looks like it would do it, but he’s talking about going around to each individual computer and cloning the hard drive to sit on a shelf somewhere as a ready to go spare which sounds silly to me because we should be able to set up a server with a RAID and back them up over the network, right?

Can anyone point me in the right direction? I imagine something like this exists that would meet our needs but as a radio technician I have a hard time knowing where to look.

Thanks!



No comments:

Post a Comment