Friday, August 16, 2019

VPN cuts off local LAN

We have a lot of businesses we work with that utilize VPNs (like Cisco AnyConnect or Palo Alto, for example) where they have disabled local LAN functionality. This is a bummer because we have a ton of local server data over SMB that is needed to be accessed while on these VPNs. Is there any way I can implement a work-around? I've tried forcing routable paths on my workstation but that doesn't work.

Current work-around I have is that I created a VM that I connect to the VPN with a Remote https service(like Teamviewer, screenconnect, etc) then after establishing a connection I can open the Virtual console to "directly connect" to the VM as I cannot RDP to it since it cuts off all local traffic.

Being on the client-side of course I cannot tweak the VPN to my liking.

Thanks for any suggestions.



No comments:

Post a Comment