Monday, August 26, 2019

VPN Connectivity problems

Greetings! This is my first post here, so I apologize if this isn't in the spirit of the community, but I'm looking for some assistance, as I'm not too experienced in VPNs. My apologies if this isn't the place for this sort of inquiry.

About two weeks ago, all the VPN users for one of my clients stopped being able to connect. This is a new client so I'm still getting up to speed with their environment. They have a Cisco ASA and appear to be using IPSec/L2TP with local authentication.

Most of the users try to connect and get a spinning wheel (Windows 10). Some try and are told their username/password don't work.

I've been working on it and been getting weird results. I tried connecting with my phone and was able to connect to a network server and see the resources. It worked just fine. But Windows is giving me nothing but problems for all users.

I tried a registry tweak I found somewhere that adds a DWORD value to the PolicyAgent key. That let my laptop connect successfully, I think, but when I try to connect to anything on the local network Windows acts like it can't even find it, whether through host name or IP.

What's going on? Why on earth does everything work fine on iOS but not Windows?

Thanks for any help.



No comments:

Post a Comment