Tuesday, August 20, 2019

Unable to access Joomla administration page from local network

Hi guys,

I'll try to explain the situatuin as short as possible:

  • I have a joomla website let's call it example.com and it's local IP is 192.168.x.10
  • I have restricted the access to Joomla administrator page so I can access it only from a few IP addresses
    • one External IP for when I work from home (I have a fixed IP from my ISP)
    • one internal IP 192.168.x.20 which is in the same subnet as the website
  • The problem:
    • I can access the administration page only from the external IP
    • I looked into the logs of the website server and it seems that when I try to access the page from the local IP it sees it like it's from the gateway (192.168.x.1) not from 192.168.x.20
    • This happends only when I try to access the admin page through example.com/administrator, It works when I try to access it through https://192.168.x.10/administrator

Where should I begin?



No comments:

Post a Comment