Saturday, August 10, 2019

UDP packets dropped, ressources to help a noob

Hello Guys,

Not sure if it the right section : I work on a C# application (but language is irrelevant here), and we happen to have a huge issue of dropped UDP packets recently.

I'm not an expert in networking, but I'm starting to get a grasp on this kind of issue (each time we got a network issue, I got to learn a bit more, or each time I discuss it with knowledgeable people).

But this time I want to have a more complete grasp on what is happening. Could you advise me on ressources : Books, blogs, YouTubers, to help me have a complete understanding on this kind of subject ?

For example, how UDP packets are handle by the network card, what are the parameters (and windows parameters) that can have an effect on it, or on the internal buffer of the card, how it interacts with Windows native sockets and internal buffers, what parameters can I use at this level. How to identify if the dropped packets comes from my app or the network ....

You get the idea (I hope)



No comments:

Post a Comment