Friday, August 16, 2019

Routing VLANs over different WAN connections?

This is the scenario... https://imgur.com/a/erdNSyQ

Forgive my crazy Visio, I tried to get what was in my brain, out of my brain...if I am totally headed in the wrong direction please let me know. But this is how I envision this working simplistically.

A branch office needs both public and private wifi access. I want to have one access point with both public and private VLANs, but the public should route out the local Comcast connection and the private should route out the main WAN connection like the rest of the branch.

The branch router doesn't have any available ports, so I would create a sub-interface and a VLAN on the switch connected to it.

Anyway, would this be policy based routing? Does anyone know a good resource that I could start with to get this working? I don't have any experience with pbr. I think it is a fairly common scenario, but we are moving from physically separated public/private wifi to this. It's cumbersome having two AP's at every location. (it was an auditor thing)



No comments:

Post a Comment