Tuesday, August 20, 2019

Riverbed sales model hopelessly broken? Or are we just too small to be worth their time?

We are (formerly) happy Riverbed customers. We're a small business with a couple of Steelhead appliances that are nearing end of life. We'd like to replace them.

I've tried calling Riverbed directly-- sales calls go to voicemail, not returned.

I've filled out the web form. Someone called to qualify me and then set up a sales call by appointment. No one called.

I reached out to Insight to have them get a quote for me, theory being that they have enough buying power to be taken seriously. They've been trying to get a quote for over a week now.

The latest, per my Insight rep, is that every purchaser must be qualified prior to receiving a quote, and there is currently "no one assigned to the New Orleans area" and therefore no one available to approve a quote.

We've been customers since before the world went cloud crazy (since about 2006). I can promise you we didn't have any trouble getting attention from Riverbed sales then. Riverbed should be ashamed.

Can anyone recommend a wan optimization appliance to replace them? I've always felt Riverbed was best of breed, particularly since we're slinging large AutoCAD models over the WAN link all day. But apparently they are now manufactured from unobtanium. The worst part is going to be burning my orange screwdrivers...



No comments:

Post a Comment