Wednesday, August 21, 2019

Recommend me an access switch

We are about 1/3 of the way through a campus wide access switch replacement. Before I got here a decision was made to go with Meraki from the core to the edge. After a lot of issues getting the MS425 stack to work in the core with the existing 2690's we started buying/installing the MS350 edge switches. The edge switches have been fine but there are a lot of weird issues with the core and you never really know what's going on because you cant see any useful logging. I think I may have an opportunity to switch to something else for the rest of the project and would like some input. The HP Aruba switches look like a decent option but I can't figure out which model I would need.

Requirements:

  • Stacking
  • 10G uplinks
  • mGig Ports
  • Layer 3 might be good for future but not 100% required (although with the other requirements it looks like I'm in layer 3 territory anyway)

What model HP should I look at or should I look at a different vendor?



No comments:

Post a Comment