Saturday, August 17, 2019

Question regarding ISP and Ubiquiti

Hi Guys! Sorry for the noob question, yes I tried googling and didn't really find the information I was looking for. If you're gonna say "google it" then I don't really understand why even take the time to respond this question, just move on! Haha.

Anyways, for my internet purposes, I really need high speed internet (fiber most likely). I'm trying to sign up for these 1,000 Mbps down and up internet. My bill went up to 70 bucks a month for 150 Mbps. I saw several offers for 60 bucks a month (internet only) for 1,000 Mbps down, but after calling, don't have any more room for customers to use that fiber service in my area (only 10 Mbps was available). Does Ubiquiti allow me to bypass this bandwidth limit, or am I still at the mercy of Charter and SOL? If not, are there anyways around this, or any internet only companies that are more lowkey that would offer these speeds? I'm afraid only charter and ATT might be in my area and it doesn't seem I can obtain the speeds I need.

Also wondering if I speak to charter and mention other providers are offering Gigabit internet for less than I'm paying them, if it's technically possible for them to offer a Gigabit internet package, even if it costs a little more, to keep a customer or if it doesn't work that way.

Thank you in advance!, and I really do appreciate your help, especially on this type question. And excuse the noobness!



No comments:

Post a Comment