Wednesday, August 28, 2019

Meraki to UniFi

I need to replace my small Meraki network and UniFi seems like a good option. Just looking for feedback on the proposed UniFi devices. I'll host the controller myself on a Linux VM.

  • Current (Meraki): ISP - MX64 - MS220-8P - MR33 and MR16 (don't actually need two APs)
  • Proposed (UniFi): ISP - USG - 8-60W - UAP-AC-PRO or UAP-nanoHD

The requirements are pretty basic:

- Internet connection is 100/20 (PPPoE).

- Currently everything on the Merakis is on one VLAN and I use OPNsense on a VM to segragate some lab traffic. Ideally, I'd like to remove OPNSense and just use the USG.

- Don't need QoS but will need sub-interfaces/NAT/firewall rules on the USG.

- I've looked at EdgeRouter/EdgeSwitch and can't see any features which I need or would be worth sacrificing the single pane of glass for.

Cheers.



No comments:

Post a Comment