Friday, August 16, 2019

Is anyone using SolarWinds with single-subnet HA?

I am having one hell of a time getting NCM to connect to Cisco switches via SSh for config backup. It's not a problem with the credentials I entered in NCM. It's not a problem with the Cisco switches - I can access them via SSH (SecureCRT) with no issues.

I've been running packet captures on our 3850 switches and using the NCM connection to that comes with SolarWinds. I'm stumped by the problems with ssh connecting to switches. SNMP polling of those switches seems to work fine.

I'm starting to suspect our SolarWinds HA setup is the root cause for the issues. When I read the SolarWinds article that describes how the poller chooses which IP address to use (own physical IP vs. a VIP), I almost soiled myself. I've never seen a software use "which of my IP addresses are closer to the address for the gwen of the subnet I'm on? I'll use the closer IP as the source for traffic leaving the poller." How much ganja was consumed when that Solarwinds code was written?

Anyway, SolarWinds folks running single-subnet HA for pollers, throw me a line. How did you get it to work reliability?



No comments:

Post a Comment