Tuesday, August 13, 2019

HP5130 console ports dead?

Hi,

a few days ago you guys were very helpful regarding my question about upgrading my HP5310 stack. I wanted to make sure everything is ready for the scheduled downtime on thursday but I'm unable to access the console ports of any of the stacked switches.

I used the original cable (ethernet to serial) and a serial to usb dongle and used the following parameters in putty:

Serial line to connect to: COM1 (this is correct)
Speed: 9600
Data bits: 8
Stop bits: 1
Parity: none
Flow control: none
Putty then tries to connect but nothing happens, window stays blank. Same thing happens when I try to connect directly with another server which has an onboard serial port.

The indicator lights of the console ports are off the whole time. The dashboard in webgui doesn't even show the console ports.

I tried to enable ssh in the web gui which seemed to work but if I connect, I get "Server unexpectedly closed network connection" after entering the password.

I was planning to upgrade the software with the web gui but am a bit concerned now because without console or ssh access there is no second option in case of failure. Any thoughts? Thanks in advance!



No comments:

Post a Comment