Tuesday, August 20, 2019

Help adding additional VLAN

Can anyone tell me what I'm missing here, a few weeks ago I added 5 VLAN's to my workstation via powershell. Today I need to add another VLAN and powershell is not letting it happen.

I'm not quite understanding how to skip/bypass the VLANID fields that I previously used, as they are already assigned obviously. And if I try to enter the existing VLAN ID's it thinks I'm trying to create a duplicate, which also wouldn't be allowed. I'm missing something stupid here, what is it?

Below is the output from ps.

PS C:\Windows\system32> Add-IntelNetVLAN

cmdlet Add-IntelNetVLAN at command pipeline position 1

Supply values for the following parameters:

ParentName[0]: Intel(R) Ethernet Connection (7) I219-V

ParentName[1]:

VLANID[0]: 6

VLANID[1]:

Add-IntelNetVLAN : Failed to add one or more of the specified VLAN IDs.

At line:1 char:1

+ Add-IntelNetVLAN

+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

+ CategoryInfo : InvalidOperation: (IANet_PhysicalE...SKTOP-KNE62TB"):CimInstance) [Add-IntelNetVLAN], Ex

ception

+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : Error executing cmdlet.,Intel.PowerShell.Network.VLAN.AddIntelNetVlan

PS C:\Windows\system32>



No comments:

Post a Comment