Thursday, August 29, 2019

Hard of Hearing Network Engineers

Hi Guys, Thanks for the great sub

TLDR; I am a hard of hearing network engineer, trying to look for jobs that don't require meetings and speaking with others over the phone. Any suggestions?

So I believe I am doing good in my SP company as an associate engineer. But one thing bothering me is meetings especially when people are joining remotely via speakers that make the sound quality worse. To an extent that I could not decipher anything even after multiple repetitions. I feel like I am cheating my employer although I can call after the meetings and get things straight. But I am looking for something more isolated. I wear hearing aids that cost two times my salary. Although they helped me with one to one conversations and local meeting. Still having problem with remote meetings and phone calls.

Although my current job is more toward network project managements but I am more into operation technical jobs. I have 2 year experience and that is why I am aiming toward starting my technical careers at jobs that requires strong configurational skills and less human interaction skills

Any idea or technical fields like this?



No comments:

Post a Comment