Wednesday, August 28, 2019

Coworker got fired, not going to back-fill. Ask for a raise?

So I've been at my company for just about 4 months. Two months into my job the other other Network Engineer (had a senior title) got fired for some undisclosed reason. For the last two months I've been doing the job alone, and apparently well enough that management decided that there isn't a reason to back-fill the old position.

My initial thought was to bust my ass for the rest of the year and then at the year end review ask for the senior title and a raise. My other coworkers (not network) and my wife seem to think I'd be an idiot if I didn't immediately ask for a raise since I now found out I'm going to be flying solo permanently.

How would you handle the situation? I want to keep in good graces because the company compensates well, I genuinely like the job and they have a pretty impressive end of year bonus structure. On the other hand, I probably have a lot of leverage if I want to push the issue.



No comments:

Post a Comment