Wednesday, August 28, 2019

Coworker got fired, not going to back-fill. Ask for a raise?

So I've been at my company for just about 4 months. Two months into my job the other other Network Engineer (had a senior title) got fired for some undisclosed reason. For the last two months I've been doing the job alone, and apparently well enough that management decided that there isn't a reason to back-fill the old position.

​

My initial thought was to bust my ass for the rest of the year and then at the year end review ask for the senior title and a raise. My other coworkers (not network) and my wife seem to think I'd be an idiot if I didn't immediately ask for a raise since I now found out I'm going to be flying solo permanently.

​

How would you handle the situation? I want to keep in good graces because the company compensates well, I genuinely like the job and they have a pretty impressive end of year bonus structure. On the other hand, I probably have a lot of leverage if I want to push the issue.



No comments:

Post a Comment