Tuesday, August 20, 2019

Copying encrypted secrets in config to a different AireOS device

I should know the answer to this but for some reason I have an uneasy feeling, so I came here for advice (or possibly to be called an idiot).

I have 2x Cisco AireOS WLC devices A and B.
I want to export the config from A and restore it on to B with some minor changes like hostname and IP address.
In the config of A are encrypted secrets, many secrets, some of them for admin, some for each radius server, snmpv3, etc.
I know that the same secret on a different device creates a different hash.

Can I just import the config file with A's hashes and magic will happen to convert these to working secrets on B?
Or do I need to do re-enter the secrets?

No, this isn't an HA scenario I really do need to export/import the config files



No comments:

Post a Comment