Monday, August 5, 2019

Comcast p2p WAN

I'm starting to see this more and more, but it is still new to me. We opened a new office and signed with Comcast for fiber metro-e and a static IP block. Instead of just giving us a /28, they gave us a /30 and a /28. The /30 goes on the outside interface of my firewall and I can NAT the /28 however I want but it has to be behind my firewall? I'd like to put some other devices on my WAN but connected to my external switch, so they are in the edge.... But I cant. The gateway for the /28 and /30 are the same but not in contiguous subnets.

Comcast documentation says that the traffic had to exit my network at the interface that had the p2p link (/30)... Why do they do this? I want to have my lab not behind NAT and in the edge. Can this be accomplished?



No comments:

Post a Comment