Saturday, August 3, 2019

Cisco Multicast/IGMP Proxy without pim?

I had a Cisco C897VA connected to a VDSL 2 circuit and have upgraded it to a Cisco C1100 connected to an Ethernet circuit. The data side works fine but there was a Multicast service (IPTV) also provided by this circuit and it no longer works. I'm wondering if what I want is possible in Cisco or if I'll have to find an alternative some how.

In order for the IPTV to work the device in VLAN 20 sends an IGMPv3 Join message which must be forwarded to the provider outside of PPPoE encapsulation (so on ethernet 0/0/0 rather than the dialer interface). On the 897VA i could use a bridge interface to bridge VLAN 20 and the Ethernet0 interface so the join requests worked. On the C1100 these are WAN ports and so the bridging command is not available.

The provider utilizes PPPoE for the connection. So on both routers I have a dialer interface for the PPPoE and the actual interface for the the physical connection (Ethernet0 for the C897 and Gi0/0/0 for the C1100). The default route is learned via PPP via the dialer interface.

Does Cisco support any way in which I can forward any IGMP join requests sent on VLAN 20 directly out interface Ethernet 0/0/0? Is there some IGMP setup I've missed or is this just not possible?



No comments:

Post a Comment