Thursday, August 1, 2019

Can I connect Router to Mesh network?

Hello Network experts! I've a curious problem. My current networking set up is a modem to which I have connected a Mesh Primary node (TP-Link MW5). The primary node has an Ethernet wire connected to a switch to which I hardwire my Smart TVs, Z wave hubs, etc. I have two secondary nodes.

Recently with a desire to be able to access my garage door, I bought a Wifi Controller which is the same brand as my Garage Opener. Unfortunately, my Garage controller does not want to connect to my WiFi. It does mysteriously connect to a phone hotspot. With this in mind, I was wondering if I could connect a router to one of the Ethernet slots on the switches or on the secondary node and then could potentially connect the garage controller to that. What do you think? Any other solution for a not so savy network guy.



No comments:

Post a Comment