Friday, August 2, 2019

Cabling New Network with 280 odd devices ( need help/advise how to make it easy with opensource or any other tool)

Hi All,

This is Jess, hope you all are doing good.

I am not sure if this is the right place to ask a question or should I ask it in a different forum.

Our company has planned to set up 10 new offices and each office is going to deploy about 28 devices in spine and leaf topology.

My dilemma is how can I easily create a spreadsheet to send it to the cabling guys to patch the cables.

Each office will have 4 core switches, 8 aggregation switches and 16 access layer switches.

I would like to make a spreadsheet where I can say as an example:

Core SW 1 port 1-3 goes to AGG SW 1 port 1-3

Core SW 1 port 3-6 goes to AGG SW 2 port 1-3

Like this, it would keep going down and once completed I would have to do the same from AGG SW to Access layer SW.

Is there a way I can predefine in excel what the connection I would like to have and the rest it will populate on its own.

Is there any tool or spreadsheet that is available that could help me to get this to cabling team to patch the devices to the appropriate ports?

X

Jess



No comments:

Post a Comment