Monday, August 5, 2019

Best way of getting full throughput on a bonded interface?

So I have a NAS I'm trying to move some data from. It's connected via 10G fiber. The server I'm moving it to has 4x 1g ethernet. I thought by bonding them I could maybe get 3-4g coming in from the NAS, but apparently since it's only one connection, it only uses 1 NIC to capacity and I get ~1g speeds.

It's configured in mode 4 with LCAP configured on the switch. I tried issuing two separate rsync sessions, but it just splits the 1g. How can I get this to use the full bond speed?

I've tried changing the hash transmit layers to 2, 2+3, 3+4 and get the same results. I tried mode 0(maybe I didn't configure it right) but the performance was abysmal and I went back.

If I add additional IP(s) to the NAS, then mount the same NFS share via different IPs, will that accomplish what I'm trying to do?

Netgear GS728TXS, CentOS 7

** Also, I have ordered a fiber card for the server, but as a learning experience I'm curious how this would work.



No comments:

Post a Comment