Thursday, August 8, 2019

Best Python script you've implemented

All,

I'm trying to do more with less. I've got a backlog of work that keeps growing by the day, so it's time to automate as much as I can! I've been using David Bombal's courses (LinkedIn Learning, INE, Udemy) to get some practical stuff under my belt without being too bogged down in terminology just yet. I've also tried Learn Python the Hard Way (lost interest so fast). I need to see tangible results, I'm drowning at work and I need to see something come to fruition that I can set up and not have to tweak constantly. Some of my day to day are adding IP's into Palo address groups, building F5 configs (VS, pools, iRules, etc) and moving switchports to different VLAN's (Cat 4507RE, a few other XE devices). All this to ask, what's been your best script you've implemented that's saved you the most time? What were some of the resources you used to get the scripts perfected? Are there any Python networking related groups that have supported you? Has it opened any doors for you career wise? I know it's going to be worth it, I suppose this is just a reaffirming post for myself and others.



No comments:

Post a Comment