Tuesday, July 23, 2019

Weird ssh errors using putty

Ok so I’ve never seen this issue before and I’m a little stumped so I’m hoping maybe someone else has either seen this happen before or knows what could cause this.

I’m on My laptop which is dhcp lets just say it’s .65 and I’m using putty to ssh into my brocade switch which is .5 I log in no problem and just check some things out. No issues, I’m running lots of commands and when I’m done I log out.

Here’s where it gets weird, I set my laptop to a static ip. .3 is what I set it to. I ssh back into the switch and within 15seconds of being logged in putty freezes up and drops the connection to the switch. I tested this 5 times and had persistent pings going to both 8.8.8.8 and .5 and each time my pings never failed to either google or the switch. I set my laptop back to dhcp, ssh back into the switch and it works just normal and I don’t get kicked after 15 seconds.

I’m kinda scratching my head on this one as I don’t see what is causing this.



No comments:

Post a Comment