Thursday, July 4, 2019

Telllabs 532L 0/1 Admin Complex / DUMP ALL Question

Hello Everyone,

I work at an ISP and have been put in a position where I get to monitor/troubleshoot all of the transport equipment on our network. Currently on one of the 532L DAC's there is was an ADMIN COMPLEX alarm active on the equipment but I had a tech clean/reseat the Data Storage module which cleared it.

Now however when I query the system for alarms and the storage on the DACs it throws the following errors.

UTL::QRY,ALARM!PF M 09:23:14 11,00 6 UTL QRY ALARM 4 LN MSG: PART 1 OF 1: CRITICAL 5 CGAS ON PORT MODULES MINOR ONE OR MORE PES POWER CONVERTER MODULES HAVE FAILED MINOR AUTOMATIC DUMP ALL FAILED EOP UTL::QRY, STORAGE ACTIVE!PF M 09:25:51 11,00 6 UTL QRY STORAGE ACTIVE PL-NOMEDIA DNY UTL::QRY, STORAGE INACTIVE!PF M 09:26:41 11,00 6 UTL QRY STORAGE INACTIVE TPE-SCSI DN 

I looked up the alarms in the user manual and am advised to do the following steps.

PL-NOMEDIA There is no media for the specified device. Recovery: 1. Verify that media is installed. 2. If the media is present, change out the media.  If there is no media installed, insert one. TPE-SCSI Anomaly occurred on storage device’s drivers. Recovery: 1. Verify that the media and storage device are inserted and reenter the command. 2. If the problem reoccurs, try a different media and reenter the command. 

Does anyone here have any experience with this? Or can point me in the right direction. The DACs has been like this for the past few days and I am very afraid that this might be a bigger issue. I know for a fact that DUMP ALL could potentially break the DACS so I do not want to force that...

It also doesn't help that my company does not have a support contract for this.

Thank you in advance guys.



No comments:

Post a Comment