Wednesday, July 24, 2019

Technical Interview at Cisco - Part 4

So Cisco called me today and told me that I didn't get the job. I asked why and they said even though I did good on the technical interview they think I don't have enough datacenter experience.

She said the transition from enterprise to datacenter is steep and they hired someone with more experience.

She also advised me to try to work for the enterprise TAC and then transition to datacenter later if that's what I want to do.

They are right though, I have no real datacenter experience at all. Almost all of my experience is in enterprise and even then it's smaller ones. Maybe around 1k people, so really just larger smb I guess. The only datacenter experience I have is using colo's :) But I was still hoping they would make me a 1st line datacenter guy at least. I was really hoping to get into larger, more complex networks.



No comments:

Post a Comment