Saturday, July 13, 2019

Replacement for Open Mesh who now has a subscription based model under Datto Networks?

So we have been using Open Mesh and I loved it for years. It was very affordable and had all the features I have ever needed. Their APs were reasonable and the service was free to manage online. This week I spoke with a Datto rep about their new subscription based product line up and at $7 per month per device monthly costs will change from zero to hundreds of dollars per month... This is not possible for WiFi for my customers and prices the Datto offer out of the question.

So, anyone have any suggestions for a replacement? I was used to finding 6 radio APs under $200 and 4 radio APs under $125 and no recurring costs to have up to 4 SSIDs, captive portal features if needed, VLAN support per SSID, central cloud management with APs that can work offline too. I'd love to see something similar to replace it but not sure who offers such things if at all anymore.

Edit: Datto bought Open Mesh... Hance this change and my ask here...



No comments:

Post a Comment