Friday, July 12, 2019

Remote site goes offline every hour

I've got a remote site with a Router (c1111) and a switch (2960), with a 20MB mpls connection and broadband backup.

Every hour the devices will fail and then about 20-30 minutes later they will come back up and go green for data/voice.

I've believe that its some kind of power issue, but even after removing the UPS they were both connected to, we're still having issues. I've tried plugging them into a CyberPower surge protector and then also directly into the plug from the wall outlet.

I cant for the life of me figure out why these devices keep going on/offline.

​

Originally both devices were plugged into the Tripp Lite UPS_> CyberPower Surge Protector_>Wall outlet.

We removed the Tripp Lite because we thought it was a battery issue. Now we have the switch plugged into the wall and the router plugged into the surge protector from the same outlet.

​

I've verified with Cisco that the devices are good environment/config wise for both devices.

​

Help a lowly network engineer figure out this ongoing issue

​

Troubleshooting:

​

-Confirmed configs and environment settings with Cisco - Good

-Reached out to our provider to double check IPsec tunnels - Good

- We did see our IPsec tunnel was receiving invalid SA's. I cleared the SA's from the router and we no longer see the message in the logs.



No comments:

Post a Comment