Friday, July 12, 2019

Remote site goes offline every hour

I've got a remote site with a Router (c1111) and a switch (2960), with a 20MB mpls connection and broadband backup.

Every hour the devices will fail and then about 20-30 minutes later they will come back up and go green for data/voice.

I've believe that its some kind of power issue, but even after removing the UPS they were both connected to, we're still having issues. I've tried plugging them into a CyberPower surge protector and then also directly into the plug from the wall outlet.

I cant for the life of me figure out why these devices keep going on/offline.

Originally both devices were plugged into the Tripp Lite UPS_> CyberPower Surge Protector_>Wall outlet.

We removed the Tripp Lite because we thought it was a battery issue. Now we have the switch plugged into the wall and the router plugged into the surge protector from the same outlet.

I've verified with Cisco that the devices are good environment/config wise for both devices.

Help a lowly network engineer figure out this ongoing issue

Troubleshooting:

-Confirmed configs and environment settings with Cisco - Good

-Reached out to our provider to double check IPsec tunnels - Good

- We did see our IPsec tunnel was receiving invalid SA's. I cleared the SA's from the router and we no longer see the message in the logs.



No comments:

Post a Comment