Thursday, July 11, 2019

Palo Alto Decryption with Android

I have a palo alto that I am testing decryption on. I followed PA documentation, and I have it working on a Windows device, but my android phone does not trust the certificate. I export the certificate as pkcs12 since Android wont recognize any of the other export extensions, I download the file on my phone, go to security settings and click download from phone storage. It installs successfully, I see it in the "user certificates" but in multiple browsers, it shows untrusted certificate.

Is there anything specific that needs done for Android? One thing I noticed is it shows up under the user certificates, but not the security certificates. I am not sure if that is an issue, or how to resolve it.

Has anyone got this working, and what steps did you take?

Here is the document I was using for the certificate settings. https://knowledgebase.paloaltonetworks.com/KCSArticleDetail?id=kA10g000000ClmyCAC

Thanks



No comments:

Post a Comment