Wednesday, July 10, 2019

OSPF with HSRP

Hi engineers

I'm not sure if I'm overthinking but I have the piece of network shown here. I have one physical interface from the router going to two core switches that are doing HSRP and I'd like the router to choose the active one. The standby switch is configured with the higher IP address so OSPF is choosing that one.

I have read that forming adjacencies with the virtual IP won't work and I have also tried using a P2MP network type and assigning standby switch a higher cost using

router ospf 1

neighbor <standby switch> cost 10

neighbor <active switch> cost 1

However, I have a Peplink that also has to run OSPF and it only supports broadcast and P2P so even though the adjacencies form, I'm still missing routes. Is there a simple way to solve this problem that I am overlooking?



No comments:

Post a Comment