Wednesday, July 3, 2019

Not qualified SFP module Arista DCS-7124S EOS 4.2.2

Context/Info:

Hello, first off, my boss bought these discounted switches and we are struggling because the sfp modules we have are not supported by the switch.

The switch is an Arista DCS-7124S as the title says, and is version 4.2.2 of EOS. Everything is running fine if I use Arista sfp modules or even a couple other brands I have available, the thing is, I can't find the blessed code for this switch to allow third party sfp regardless of qualification.

I already tried service unsupported-transceiver wiprolabs f5047577 but no luck, the command is not even recognized. Also tried touch /mnt/flash/enable3px, but this version does not accept touch as a command, let alone create the file.

For the record, my sfp modules are shown with status "errdisabled", although displayed -correctly- as "10GBASE-LR".

   

Actual question:

Has anyone here managed to make this switch/version able to use third party sfp modules? Anyone with the magic code?

   

Any help is highly appreciated, thanks in advance.



No comments:

Post a Comment