Tuesday, July 9, 2019

Made a Python3 CDP neighbor to interface description script, all feedback welcome

Guys and girls I made this script, it is my second python project ever so please spare me https://github.com/TitsandAsses/CDPInterfaceDescriptions.git

i started this project so I could have generic interface description across all devices so I can easily filter the ones I need in our new monitoring tool (Zabbix, for those interested)

what you need: -Python 3 -pip install netmiko

what it does: -connect with ssh to each of the devices in devices.txt -run show cdp neighbor -give you an overview of the neighbors/interface mapping -option to delete certain entries if they are not needed/wrong

for now it has zero error handling and was tested on 2960s and 3750s any tips or advise on my code are welcome, if you want to contribute even better things i still want to add -LLDP support -Portchannel support -MAC based descriptions -...



No comments:

Post a Comment