Tuesday, July 9, 2019

I can't understand where is sliding window flow control is used (transport or data link layer)

Hi, I have been trying to understand flow control for almost 12 hours, the information needed for window sliding flow control is stored in the segment at the transport layer, yet whenever I come across sliding window in resources it's explained under data link layer, I don't understand how the information is stored at transport layer but the implementation is at data link layer.

I would appreciate the help, if you can explain to me in detail i would be grateful, otherwise, just providing me with a good resources that explains them well would do.

I have an interview tomorrow and I need to understand TCP flow control very well.

Resources I used trying to understand:

Data and computer communications - book.

Introduction to computer networks and cyber security - book.

Google(Geeksforgeeks and others).

Youtube.

And this is the ABSOLUTE best resource I came across about the subject, thanks for whoever made it:here!

Edit: formatting & added a link.



No comments:

Post a Comment