Tuesday, July 30, 2019

Hey r/networking, I need some advice...

I hope it's okay to post this here... I need some career advice and not sure who/where else to ask.

Fairly young guy here with extensive experience (10+ years) in Network Operations Center (NOC) environments, and I'm trying to figure out how to best leverage my experience and what to do next.

I've worked with almost every large wireless telecom company you can think of (all of the top 4), including some global telecom companies you may not have heard of.

I've worked in multiple NOCs, managed NOCs, built around 15 NOCs from scratch, performed a lot of consulting, process design and engineering, training, offshoring, automation, you name it - I've done it. My efforts have saved these companies millions and millions of dollars.

I've also lead successful offshoring initiatives in two global NOCs on different continents. Each required setup, recruitment, training, management, continuous improvement, etc. I'm also ITIL and Lean Six Sigma certified.

I'm ready to leave the corporate world. So, the question...

  • How do you think I can best leverage my experience to start a consulting business?
  • What gaps exist in the market place that my unique experience can help fill?

Thank you!



No comments:

Post a Comment