Tuesday, July 23, 2019

Financial Firm Network Setup

So I've been put in charge of setting up the network /IT systems in my new office. My company is a private financial firm that will need to deal with confidential client data. We have around 20 staff. Office Space ~1,800 square feet. Personal Background: Not primarily IT based, but have dealt with home networking and computer stuff in general.

I've came up with a list of networking equipment that I think should be decent for my company, but before I painstakingly explain to my management why I recommend this setup, I thought I'd go through you guys before for some comments. My boss hasn't indicated to me what my budget is (definitely not unlimited), so I will need to convince him why I will need to use more expensive equipments if any. Setup as follows:

ISP: 1000M UP/DOWN

Router/Firewall: Fortinet 60E (with 360 /Enterprise subscription) - I considered going with a USG Pro 4 since my setup revolves around Ubiquiti (see below), but I've heard that the protection offered by the USG Pro 4 is not comprehensive as the Fortinet 60E.

Switch: Ubiquiti UniFi US-48

Wireless AP: UniFi AP HD x 1 + PoE injector

Management Interface: UniFi Cloud Key Gen2 Plus

Surveillance Cameras: UniFi G3 Flex x 3

Network Storage Drive: Synology Diskstation DS218 (2 Bays) x 2 - Need two for seperate departments.

Would appreicate any feedback!

Sidenote: I've been put in touch with a couple of guys from Cisco. They've been recommneding their Cloud Security Bundle to me, which includes Umbrealla (DNS filtering), AMP for Endpoints (cloud-based SAAS endpoint security solution) & Email Security (since we are currently using Office 365 for emails). This offering sounds pretty comprehensive, but I have yet to hear back from them on their pricing (I've heard that its very expensive so not sure if my boss would be sold on that). Would love to hear some expereince from those who have use this solution before.



No comments:

Post a Comment