Thursday, July 4, 2019

Do Cisco SG350 RSPANs actually work?

I have two SG350-20s where I'd like to do an RSPAN. I've followed Cisco's instructions to the tee, though the information on the "reflector-port" is ambiguous - does it need to be connected? I never see any of the RSPAN traffic on the destination. "sh monitor session" and "sh vlan remote-span" seem to indicate everything is correct, so I'm at a loss. The firmware release notes seem to indicate RSPANs have a bug, but I'm not sure if that applies in my situation.

Here's a quick pseudo config on switch1 (source):

 conf t vlan 333 remote-span exit int gi20 switchport mode trunk switchport trunk allowed vlan add 1 switchport trunk allowed vlan add 333 exit monitor session 1 source interface gi1 both monitor session 1 destination remote vlan 333 reflector-port gi2 network exit 

The switch CLI forces me to specify "network" for the reflector. The reflector port is not connected to anything and is "down" but not "shutdown."

And now switch2 (final destination):

 conf t vlan 333 remote-span exit int gi20 switchport mode trunk switchport trunk allowed vlan add 1 switchport trunk allowed vlan add 333 exit monitor session 1 source remote vlan 333 monitor session 1 destination interface gi1 exit 

Any insights, comments, etc. are welcome! This really has me scratching my head.



No comments:

Post a Comment