Friday, July 26, 2019

Branch Office 2900 Router - QoS config example

I'm getting started on QoS configs for my branch office sites. These sites use Cisco 2900 series routers with 15.x software, and a downstream 2960x that is marking DSCP values and policing on 1Gbps user access ports. Assume the trunk between the switch and router is a 1Gbps link and DSCP values are trusted The example below is for a site with 30 Mbps WAN connected to a 1Gbps interface on my router. My ISP will honor 4 DSCP values.

With the 2960x access switch I've previously configured, I was able to map certain DSCP values to certain drop thresholds within each queue. I'm believe the "bandwidth percent" commands allocate a portion of the interface's bandwidth to be reserved for a particular class, but should I also try to map specific DSCP values to certain drop thresholds like I did for my switch? Or are there any other best practices I should be looking at implementing? I know there are a ton of options and I'm trying to keep the QoS config simple but effective. I've found some command references and basic config examples that look like the one I posted below.

class-map match-any QOS-REALTIME-CLASS

match ip dscp ef

match ip dscp af41

match ip dscp af42

match ip dscp af43

!

class-map match-any QOS-SIGNALING-AND-CRITICAL-DATA-CLASS

match ip dscp cs6

match ip dscp cs3

match ip dscp cs7

match ip dscp af31

match ip dscp af32

match ip dscp af33

!

Class-map match-any QOS-DEFAULT-CLASS

match ip dscp default

match ip dscp af11

match ip dscp af12

match ip dscp af13

match ip dscp af21

match ip dscp af22

match ip dscp af23

!

Class-map match-any QOS-SCAVENGER-CLASS

match ip dscp cs1

!

policy-map QOS-WAN-OUTPUT-POLICY

class QOS-REALTIME-CLASS

priority percent 15

class QOS-SIGNALING-AND-CRITICAL-DATA-CLASS

bandwidth percent 30

class QOS-DEFAULT-CLASS

bandwidth percent 50

class QOS-SCAVENGER-CLASS

bandwidth percent 5

!

policy-map WAN-OUTPUT-SHAPING

class class-default

shape average 30000000

service-policy QOS-WAN-OUTPUT-POLICY

!

interface Gi0/0

description 30-Mbps-WAN

ip address 1.1.1.1 255.255.255.255

service-policy output WAN-OUTPUT-SHAPING



No comments:

Post a Comment