Wednesday, July 31, 2019

Becoming the "Mac" guy

Hey all!

I am starting a new position as a network engineer very soon, and during the interview, the person interviewing me noted they have ran into problems with clients with macs and not being able to support them as no one they had were experts with Mac's. I already own a mac, which I purchased to become more familiar with the system as I think its important for my job to have a general knowledge of all systems.

An example of a problem they ran into is getting SharePoint to work on Macs correctly, I don't have too many details as I wasn't personally there at the time, but something to do with Temp files in SharePoint causing file path issues.

I want to know if anyone knows any sources to learn more about Mac's in a hybrid environment, using Mac's with popular SaaS like Office 365, things like digging deep into OSX, and how to solve issues that may arise with Mac's on networks primarily windows based.

Hopefully, this doesn't count as early career advice, and doesn't get too much hate, whether we like it or not, some clients use macs and we have to know how to service them.

Thanks!



No comments:

Post a Comment