Wednesday, July 31, 2019

802.1X handle Wi-Fi connection / EAP-TLS - Problem

I'm running EAP-TLS (Radius and Cert Authentication) to handle Wi-Fi connections.
Got it working on some Offices over IPSec, but some does not.

From TCP dump i found that the NPS server is responding with a challenge.
Once the client is sending a new request, it sends a duplicate request which i believe may be the cause of my problem.

Access-Request id=253
Access-Challenge id=253
Access-Request id=254
Access-Request id=254, Duplicate Request

Packet info
Framed MTU: 1400

I believe the packet with with the certificate is getting chopped but have not been able to verify that it has been. I mean, that packet size on both ends of the VPN is the same size.
I'm not getting any ICMP's telling the firewall to lower MTU.

Firewall config on both ends
Fiberconnection with static IP
PMTU and DF is set to Clear.

On the NPS server, I can't find any event in the eventviewer about this.
But if i check the NPS Log textfile, i find the entry and it's correlating packets.

Anyone got a good idea to why this happens?



No comments:

Post a Comment