Monday, July 1, 2019

2 dial tones (L1/L2) to 25ish phones

I’ve tried googling this one but I don’t think I’m phrasing it properly. I know this is telephony not networking but the telephone/telecom subs I found were pretty low on members and when I searched 66 block in Reddit r/networking was the first result.

I’ve got about a dozen handsets right now that are wired into jacks that are wired back to a 66-block. We’re expanding and moving into a new office which is going to have roughly 25 handsets on it.

Can I just punch line 1 and line 2 all the way down the block for all 25 phones? Do I need to worry about voltage drops (these particular handsets have wall warts as well)? The current incoming dial tones will be provided through an ATA but if for some reason we went back to the phone company’s copper in the street is there some kind of amp or regulator or something that I should be using?

Let me know if I missed a detail or there’s a better sub to post this on. Thank you.



No comments:

Post a Comment