Wednesday, June 5, 2019

Yealink T41P + SLM224P, Voice works, no data (vlan question)

I used to configure switches in another life, and tried to pick this up for my current employer. I think everything has been setup properly, but the phoning company (who don't configure switches) seems to be stonewalling me with "It works on our end, its your problem". I was wondering if someone could help me look at my port assignment and maybe see something obvious going wrong on my end.

https://i.imgur.com/5kh8RQV.png is my noted down vlan assignment (tagged, untagged, excluded).

There are 3 vlans (1, def - 10 data - 20 voice), voice works, but connecting a pc to the phone will give it a 169..... IP address. Phone are configured to VLAN 10 is data for pc in the web interface. All the data only ports are working fine, but the combined (1 through 6) are the issue for me.

Port configuration -> https://i.imgur.com/7sIEfDQ.png, should I be swtiching PVID to 10, and make them untagged on the vlan assignment maybe?

I've read the rules and I don't think its infringing, if it is, maybe you could suggest a different subreddit before deleting the post!.

My last conclusion would be that the routerboard (maintained by the phone company) has port security enabled, disabling double MAC addresses (but I dont know if that is still a thing?)

Thanks!



No comments:

Post a Comment