Saturday, June 29, 2019

VLAN Tagging on EdgeRouter Infinity

How easy is it to set up VLAN Tagging on the Ubiquiti EdgeRouter Infinity? I recently purchased Gigabit FTTH from my ISP (Bell Canada) and would like to bypass their HH3K router completely, but to my understanding I would need to remove the SFP module from the HH3K, place it in an SFP port on the EdgeRouter, tag that port with VLAN 35 and log-in with my Bell PPPoE credentials in order for the internet to work. If possible, could somebody please tell me the process on how to set up the EdgeRouter to work properly with this configuration, and whether the steps I mentioned are correct?

Note that I haven't purchased the EdgeRouter yet, but it was recommended to me by someone in the r/homelab subreddit. The Gigabit FTTH internet is the only service I have with Bell Canada, so no other VLANs would need to be tagged.



No comments:

Post a Comment