Thursday, June 27, 2019

Two links on FW - DNS settings

Hello there,

I'm not sure if this is the right place or not for this question but here it is!

I'm planning to take over a new client who has 2 offices and planning to create a DR site in Azure. I'm planning to setup Meraki as their FW in offices and Meraki VM on Azure. I will have two links in each office which one would be 1G as primary and another cheaper option as backup. I have TS servers hosted for each site and users use it as Gateway to RDP to their PC. as of now, TS Public DNS record is pointing to their main Link IP so if that link goes down users won't be able to connect through the second link unless someone change DNS record manually.

Now I was thinking to use the DNS services offered by AWS or Azure with HealthChack to make the DNS record change seamless. Did anyone take this route for Fail-over?

Another idea I have for this client is to deploy OpenVPN server on each site for mobile users who don't have a PC. I'm going to put their shared files in namespace so they can access them no matter which site they are connecting and using the DNS geolocation/healthCheck policies to connect each user to closet live VPN server. Do you think this method make sense?

Thanks.



No comments:

Post a Comment