Thursday, June 20, 2019

Software for creating a network map/schema

Hello

I'm a fresh admin at a small company and the last IT guy left me quite a mess, no documentation whatsoever. I want to put it all on paper (pixel paper), document it correctly so I have a good visual map on how the network looks like. I actually have it on paper, but obviously want to create a proper map that's manageable later.

What I have here are a couple of 50 port switches, 24 port patch panels and a load of smaller switches, some 60 devices plus a server rack with some servers. Because of this I'd really like the software to have the capability of setting up links between devices per port.

What software would you guys recommend for this? Of course if possible, open-source/free, but other options are welcome aswell.

What do you use, what are your experiences?



No comments:

Post a Comment