Saturday, June 22, 2019

Setting up internet for business?

This may seem like a really dumb question, but it’s something I really want an answer on. I’m a brand new Sys Admin right out of college. I have my CCNA certification and a two-year Sys Admin diploma to go with a Bachelors in network management. But I never understood this. We have our core layer, our distribution layer, and our access layer when it comes to designing networks. I understand all of the VPN tunnels between our offices, and how our access switches have Ethernet connections to our edge Fortigates.

But in business, how is internet access setup with an ISP? Do they need to be called to run a direct line in? Who covers the cabling? How is the line brought in? It’s something that’s confused me ever since I started my job a month ago. What are the details on this?



No comments:

Post a Comment