Friday, June 28, 2019

Running EVE-ng on bare-metal on Supermicro SYS-5028D-TN4T Mini Tower

Hello Everyone,

I'm a complete and utter noob when it comes to VMWare so please bare with me. I'm planning on setting up a virtual lab at my home to study for some certifications. I'm doing a lot of research on what computing platform to get for the lab and I have my eyes set on SYS-5028D-TN4T Mini Tower from Supermicro. I'm only going to be running EVE-ng, Ubuntou, and maybe a couple or Windows server instances (all using ESXi 6.5) but I don't know enough about virtualisation setups to tell if that hardware (assuming 96GB of RAM) is enough or not. has anyone tried setting up EVE-ng (bare metal) on this tower? how many vCPUs and RAM did you allocate for your lab to run smoothly?

any and all help is greatly appreciated.

CHEERS



No comments:

Post a Comment