Sunday, June 16, 2019

RJ45 Male Connectors on Infra - Looking For Validation (or Ridicule)

Hi all!

I’m about to crimp some Cat6 in my house. Specifically, I had a contractor run cable to some outdoor points for all-weather security cameras. Now, I’m not sure whether to put male or female connectors at the end. The cameras have weather-proof grommets, and I don’t have a shielded place to put the female connectors.

I feel dirty for it, but I just may put male connectors at the end of a 20m in-wall run of network cable.

I know that this is a subreddit for professional networking, and that’s something I do too, hence my hesitation.

When have you seen, in your professional deployments, a male RJ45 sticking out of some ceiling, and you just heave a sigh of disbelief? Was it warranted?



No comments:

Post a Comment