Wednesday, June 5, 2019

RDP into PC on a shared Ethernet port from servers second NIC

So basically I have a Dell r710 and I'm too cheap to buy a Gigabit switch so I hooked my second machine that I wanted to use into one of the remaining ports on the dell and turned on shared ethernet in windows. It works great! It was super quick and easy but I have one problem.

I can't figure out how to RDP into the machine plugged into the Dell. It's basically on it's own LAN I see but I was wondering if there was a way to get to the second machine from my main Desktop that's completely separate from this setup.

The desktop is on the same LAN as the Dell server but not as the second machine?

Sorry if this doesn't make any sense, but thanks for any help you all can offer!



No comments:

Post a Comment