Thursday, June 13, 2019

RD and RT allocation and tracking

Hi All,

Currently I operate a small SP type network with only a handful of PE routers and a relatively small number (<150) L3VPN / VPLS services.

At the moment we manage all of our circuits and RD/RT assignments via a spreadsheet. While this has been working well for the small number of services we provide atm, I can see this getting out of hand. Also as we are looking to move to automate the provisioning of our VPN services, this got me thinking of a better way to manage this information.

My first thought was to simply create a database which contained all of the relevant information that I could query with my provisioning scripts, but I would still need to seed the relevant information into the database prior to creating the service.

Does anybody have an recommendations on any pre-built tools which they utilise for similar functions? Ideally we would utilise this system as the source of truth for all provisioned services so would need to contain all the relevant information to provision the service - PE router, interface, RD, RT, circuit size etc. Ideally something with an API that I could query directly would be handy.

I have had a google and there seem to be a few options around for circuit management but most of this seems to be geared to physical circuits. As always budget is tight so the closer to $0 the better.

Cheers.



No comments:

Post a Comment