Saturday, June 22, 2019

Plug and Play VPN Server / Remote device

I live in Japan, but I want to set up a VPN to my parents home in the US. My parents are old and technically sufficient, but walking them through creating a VPN server on a separate computer from one of their home computers would be a nightmare.

Thus, I'm looking for some sort of stand alone plug and play device that is relatively easy to get going that I can ship to them so they can plug it into their router, power on and set up relatively easy and then forget about it.

I've been looking for one online, but everything I've googled just brings me to routers with VPN capability (Again, walking them through setting it up I think might be frustrating for everyone).

My location also makes it more expensive for me to build one here then ship it to them (I realize this is probably the best solution)

Thoughts? Thanks in advance. T1



No comments:

Post a Comment